Villa Cantik is located on the Bukit Peninsula in rural South Bali; a 30-minute drive from the international airport and just moments away from the white sands of some of the islands most pristine beaches. It offers elevated ocean views and is within easy reach of many of Bali’s world-renowned surf breaks, including Uluwatu, Green Bowl, Padang Padang and Geger Beach. Guests can try paragliding from dramatic sea cliffs, play a game of golf at the Pandawa Beach Country Club, visit the fine-dining establishments, boutiques and spas in neighbouring Nusa Dua, or enjoy a seafood feast on the beach at Jimbaran. The sunset Kecak fire dance performance at the iconic sea temple, Pura Luhur Uluwatu, should not be missed, and is less than half an hour’s drive from Villa Cantik.
- Bali Paragliding
- 0.50 km
- Gunung Payung Beach
- 3 km
- Pandawa Beach
- 4 km
- Pandawa Golf and Country Club
- 2 km
- 11 km
- 11 km
- Nusa Dua
- 6 km
- Ngurah Rai Airport (DPS)
- 11 km
- 13 km
Things to Do
Your villa manager will be able to recommend plenty of attractions and things to do beyond the villa walls, and will assist with reservations and transport arrangements. The staff will also be happy to share their local knowledge about the Bukit Peninsula and the surrounding region.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied things to do within reach of the villa.
- The beautiful white sands and crystal clear waters of Pandawa Beach have recently been made accessible by a newly constructed paved (toll) road just two kilometres from Villa Cantik. Here, guests will enjoy breath-taking sea views, scenic boat tours and a number of water sport activities, including kayaking and snorkelling.
- Perched atop a dramatic sea cliff just 11 kilometres west of Villa Cantik is the awe-inspiring Pura Luhur Uluwatu. This revered site is home to throngs of mischievous monkeys considered sacred in Bali, and offers guests the chance to explore one of the most important temples in the region. Arrive at sunset for incredible views, and stay a little longer to catch the traditional Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance – a real crowd pleaser.
- Golf enthusiasts will love the tournament standard New Kuta Golf Club (13km) featuring a well-manicured 18-hole course with breath-taking views of the sea. It is the first links style course in Indonesia, and offers enough variety to satisfy all skill levels.
- At the western head of the Bukit Peninsula is Bali’s seafood hub, Jimbaran (11km). The immense wet market allows visitors to pick from a wide range of freshly caught seafood, which can then be grilled to perfection at any of the numerous beachside restaurants. Guests have the option of alfresco dining on colourful old fishing boats that have been converted into tables, or reserving a seat at one of the resort hotels in the area for a five-star dining experience.
- El Kabron Spanish Restaurant & Cliff Club (11km) is in a magnificent location, perched on a clifftop 50 metres above sea level in Uluwatu. It offers stunning views of the Indian Ocean where, on clear days, the southern tip of Java can be seen. The restaurant serves an array of Spanish dishes with delicious cocktails and wine to match. We recommend visiting at sunset and ordering an oak ginger cocktail.
- Bali Paragliding (500 m) is must do for thrill seekers. They offer several different flight packages over 2- and 4-day instructional courses. This is truly the best way to see the raw southern edge of Bali, with a bird’s eye view of the secluded Pandawa Beach and its amazing surrounds.
- A visit to Karma Kandera Beach Club (13km) is highly recommended. The venue is located along the water’s edge in one of Bali’s most stunning coves. A lush tropical jungle lines it with fine white sands leading into a tranquil blue lagoon. This is an ideal place to enjoy cocktails and dancing with friends or a romantic evening with that special someone.
- The famous surf beach at Uluwatu (11km) gives visitors the opportunity to witness world-class surfing in a picturesque setting. Venture through the cave to the water’s edge, or relax and enjoy the spectacle from one of the wonderful cliff-top restaurants and bars. Our personal favourite, Single Fin is a lively multi-tiered restaurant and bar boasting panoramic views and delicious pub-style food and drink.